The ADINA User Interface provides the complete pre- and post-processing capabilities for all the ADINA solution programs. The ADINA User Interface offers a fully interactive graphical user interface for all the modeling and post-processing tasks.
Key features of the ADINA User Interface include:
- Model geometry may be directly created, imported from various CAD
systems that support Parasolid (e.g. NX, SolidEdge and SolidWorks), or imported
through the IGES interface.
- Physical properties, loads and boundary conditions
can be assigned directly on the model geometry. Finite element meshes can thus
be modified without affecting the model definition.
- Fully automatic mesh generation can be used on general geometry with
flexible control over element size distribution. Mapped meshing can be used
on simpler geometry.
- Session file keeps track of user input and selection during model creation. The entire model can be recreated by playing back the session file. A different model can also be created by modifying the session file.
The ADINA User Interface has many easy-to-use features such as:
- A fully interactive graphical interface with pull-down menus and dialog boxes for selection of options and input of values.
- Icons for quick access to commonly used tasks.
- Copy and paste feature for the graphics window.
- Direct creation of AVI movies within the program.
- Output of graphics in vector or bitmap formats.
- Undo and redo features. Number of undos allowed can be customized.
- Dynamic rotation, zooming, and panning of the model.
- Support of command file input for often repeated tasks.
In post-processing, the wide range of result visualization tools include:
- Deformed and original mesh plots.
- Band and contour plots.
- Vector and tensor plots.
- Plotting of variables on graphs.
- Listing of variable values on screen or file.
- Definition of resultant variables from output variables.